- Auto v. Auto Cases
• Handled, tried or settled hundreds of auto v. auto accidents involving intersection accidents, speeding, unsafe left turns, unsafe lane changes, red-light disputes, and thousands of rear-end or lane change accidents.
• Settled cases for a combined 8 figures where a sleepy defendant nodded off and struck vehicles that were pulled to the side of a freeway overpass by the CHP, resulting in the wrongful death of a successful 40-year-old real estate developer, husband and father of three minors, and catastrophic injuries to the CHP officer, who ws struck and propelled from the freeway overpass onto freeway below. Peculiar risk theory against defendant’s employer.
• Worked up and resolved a case arising from a racing automobile crossing over the center median, striking other motorist head on and and causing three subsequent collisions into wreckage resulting in a months long coma and eventual wrongful death. This case involved several insurance policies from four different drivers and registered owners.
• Settled wrongful death of a 3-year-old riding a big wheel into the street, who was run over by a pizza delivery driver. This case involved emotional distress of the comparatively negligent parent who witnessed the accident.
• Settled wrongful death case of a child whose parent heard an auto accident but did not simultaneously know that her child was involved.
• 18-year-old man was exiting his vehicle on the freeway at 2:00 a.m. and was struck at full speed by another driver. Decedent’s mother repeatedly refused to settle throughout litigation, and after answering ready for trial, was convinced to accept the policy limits for wrongful death.
• Handled an auto accident case involving a failed brake repair, resulting in rear end collision and cervical injury.
- Auto v. Pedestrian
• Responsible for, handled or settled hundreds off auto v. pedestrian cases resulting in deaths, catastrophic and occasionally minor physical injuries.
o Dart outs
o Autos driven out of control onto sidewalks
- Auto v. Bicyclist
• Intersectional red light and unsafe lane change cases.
• Right turning auto at intersection vs. bicyclist riding opposite traffic direction.
• Opening doors on roadway and sidewalk side in front of oncoming bicyclists.
• Auto veering into and striking riding bicyclists with side mirrors or directly.
- Auto v. Motorcyclist
• Settled unsafe left turn by DUI driver into speeding oncoming motorcyclist causing life changing catastrophic injuries.
• Handled and settled numerous freeway lane changing into lane splitting motorcyclist cases.
• Handled a case involving an oncoming racing motorcyclist striking left-turning vehicle resulting in catastrophic triplegia.
• Numerous intersectional accidents involving speeding and either unsafe lane changes or left and right turns.
- Bicyclists v. Bicyclists and/or Pedestrians
• Handled head on collisions on bike paths.
• Handled accidents caused by bicyclists’ encounters with slower bicyclists.
• Settled several similar cases as a Settlement Officer.
- Boating Accidents
• Pleasure and ski boating and Sea Doo accidents involving collisions, propeller slicing, head injuries/
• Parker strip accidents involving alcohol and DUIs.
- Catastrophic Injuries
• Handled and settled a case involving an oncoming racing motorcyclist striking a left turning vehicle, resulting in catastrophic triplegia.
• Settled a case involving an unsafe left turn by a DUI driver into a speeding oncoming motorcyclist, causing lifechanging paraplegia and catastrophic injuries.
• Motocross bicyclist crashed during a race, resulting in paraplegia and alleged products liability bicycle failure.
- Commercial Rigs and Busses
• Numerous cases regarding unsafe lane changes or merging traffic involving big rig trucks versus automobiles and versus other big rigs.
• Settled a questioned liability case arising from a lane change sideswipe between a big rig truck and automobile, resulting in the car dragging with two plaintiff occupants inside. The older plaintiff underwent L5-S1 fusion within 30 days.
• Numerous cases involving passenger and driver claims of injuries from auto v. bus accidents.
- Firearm Injuries and Deaths
• Minors accessing and misusing firearms resulting in shooting injuries/deaths.
• Unsafe storage of firearms.
• Non-intentional discharges on loaded firearms.
- Golf Cart and ATV accidents
• Handled a case involving unsafe golf cart operation. The golf cart hit and pinned a golfer between golf carts, resulting in severe knee injury.
• Unsafe operation causing golf carts to tip over.
• ATV rollovers with serious traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and catastrophic injuries.
- Primary Assumption of Risk
• Sports participation incidents with allegations of conduct outside ordinary risks inherent in game, against players, coaches and owners of facilities. (Football, softball/baseball practices and games; snow and water-skiing accidents.)